Do you want to study Medicine?January 25, 2013
Making the choice to study medicine will be one of the most important decisions of your life, its highly competitive and a lot of hard work but with dedication will give you an amazing and rewarding career, Gap Medics can help!
Gap Medics offers pre-health students an opportunity to join a fully managed international work placement where along with a group of like-minded students from all over the world you will gain an unrivalled insight into global healthcare. Learn from professional physicians in a real environment and enhance your resume for further education applications and interviews.
The Gap Medics program involves shadowing doctors, nurses and a whole array of professional physicians at work in international hospitals; you will be assigned a mentor who will be a highly qualified professional in whichever field of medicine you would like to gain educational experience. Gap Medics projects are ideal for any students who are hoping to pursue further study for careers in such fields as Medicine, Nursing, Nurse-Midwifery, Dentistry and Physicians Assistants.
The program will give you a unique, in-depth and fully interactive insight into professional life in medicine on a program which is bespoke and managed in full accordance with your academic stage and individual requirements.
Your mentors will guide through the program; mornings will be spent accompanying doctors on ward rounds where english speaking staff will give you an insight into their work, highlighting general patient care, individual medical cases, diagnosis and treatments. You will also have the opportunity to observe procedures and surgery taking place and then in the afternoons join university style seminars where professionals will tutor about their work on a variety of hospital topics.
This is a unique opportunity to gain real useful work experience and to enjoy an incredible cultural exchange where you will learn about the different approaches to healthcare worldwide.
Joining Gap Medics as a pre-health student means to gain a thorough insight into professional medical life and the realities of work in a hospital environment providing you with interactive tuition, invaluable work experience and the in-depth knowledge you need to excel in your chosen avenue of study.
The experience gained on a Gap Medics program will provide a huge advantage in the competitive interview and applications process for further education but its the personal development, inspiration and motivation you will gain on placement which will push you forward to excel in your studies to realise your true potential in the pursuit of your medical career.
You will join a varied group from all over the world of similar age and aspirations; while on placement you will live at one of our own houses which you will find to be a communal, fun and comfortable environment in which to socialise with your fellow students and an ideal base for the program. A full team of Gap Medics managerial and support staff are on hand 24 hours a day to oversee the program and to ensure everyone has all the guidance and support they may require including our local chefs who prepare a range of international and local specialities for the duration of your stay.
Gap Medics is a highly respected international program with many years experience of managing pre-medical educational placements abroad which have inspired many thousands of students in their pursuit of a medical career. Gap Medics offers students on a gap-year or pre-medical undergraduates the chance to gain life-changing experience while having the added reassurance and security of a fully managed and supervised program designed specifically for them and where the overall quality of the experience is exceptional.
Join Gap Medics in Thailand, Tanzania, Zanzibar and the Czech Republic
Why Gap Medics is different:
- Excellent planning, management and pre-departure communication; a dedicated pre-departure manager to correspond with.
- Your own online ‘My Trip’ webpage to interact with us, plan your trip and share all your important travel information.
- Safe, supervised and fully managed placements, 24 hour a day!
- Stay at one of our own houses; secure, comfortable, communal and fully staffed.
- Long standing relationships with our partner hospitals offering a highly structured and extremely successful program.
- A full team of Gap Medics own staff are permanently on site to oversee the program and provide support, guidance and supervision.
- Airport pickup and full escort to the house including full induction and local orientation sessions.
- Excellent chef prepared food all throughout the placement.
- Evenings and weekends are free time to enjoy the local sights and culture with your new friends.
- Join a once in a lifetime safari trip in Tanzania or go elephant trekking through the jungles of northern Thailand.
- In addition to interactive hospital shadowing experience join regular academic seminars for additional tuition from professionals.
- With many years experience of managing only specialised medical work experience placements we are experts in our field offering by far the most interactive, educational and inspirational program available!
- Depending on where you study the program may be eligible for academic credit; speak with your college advisors about the Gap Medics program for further information.