Shadowing a DoctorJanuary 24, 2014
Why not stretch and challenge yourself this Easter with a Gap Medics work experience placement overseas?
During the school holidays we will be running our very popular Easter Break Special in Tanzania. This one or two week programme is available for students aged 16 and over and will give you the chance to experience what it’s really like to work in a hospital and understand the day-to-day duties of medical professionals.
What will you gain from an overseas placement with Gap Medics?
- You will travel independently, which will help to increase your confidence.
- When you arrive in Tanzania you will meet other students from different backgrounds, who are all like-minded, so you can make friends for life!
- You will further your medical knowledge by attending weekly Global Health Tutorials.
- Planningyour trip and making preparations through your personalised ‘My Gap Medics’ page will help with your organisational skills.
- The placement can also help you decide if medicine is really the right career choice for you!
- The work experience you will get in Tanzania will look great on your personal statement for medical school.
- It will give you something different to talk about in your interviews and give you a deeper understanding of the medical world.
You can choose to join Gap Medics for one or two weeks. The experience will cost £890 for one week or £1290 for two. Our Easter Break Special will run on the dates below, so you can choose a one or two week placement that works best with your school break:
- 13th April 2014
- 20th April 2014
During your one or two week placement you will experience working in departments such as: obstetrics and gynaecology, internal medicine, paediatrics and general surgery. If you have any particular preferences you can let our team know and we will do our best to give you a placement tailored to your needs.
What’s more, our house will be full of other students in their fifth or sixth year of school so you will be with other students of the same age as you!
For more information about our Easter Break Special you can call our UK Head Office on +44(0)191 230 8080 or drop us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact number and we will call you right back!