What are your plans for summer vacation?January 28, 2014
Have you thought about incorporating some medical work experience into your summer plans? This summer we are inviting pre-med students to join us in Thailand or Tanzania for an incredible medical internship. Where else you can you shadow medical professionals during the week then jump on the back of an elephant, zip line over a jungle or cruise the savannah for lions at the weekend?
Our Gap Medics houses are spacious yet sociable. With features like swimming pools, fire pits and banana trees you can have a wild time without even leaving the grounds. We even have a visiting tortoise in one of our homes!
We have different programs for under and over 18s, which means that you will be able to spend time with students your own age from around the world who are like-minded and medically focused.
Our dedicated teams will look after you from the moment you sign up, all the way through the program and even upon your return. When you make your first enquiry our Student Placement Advisors will give you all the information you need – We are here to make your trip run as smoothly as possible.
How much will the program cost me?
You can choose to join us from one up to eight weeks (most students choose a two week placement). In order to secure your space, all you need is the registration fee of US$450. The remaining balance, which you can find on the prices page of our website, isn’t due until 90 days before the program start date – giving you plenty of time to save!
What does the cost of the program cover?
The program costs will cover all of the following:
- Hospital Placement – We pay the doctors directly to ensure you get a valuable shadowing experience.
- Global Health Tutorials – three teaching sessions each week providing you with more information about healthcare in the region where you are working.
- Accommodation – You will stay in our very own Gap Medics houses which are fully staffed and secure.
- Food – All your food is provided by our in-house cook.
- Arrival Airport Transfer – We collect you from the airport during our specified arrival times.
- Local Orientation – We give you a full tour of the local area so you know where all the local amenities are from the postal service to the ATM or the pharmacy.
- In-Country Support – Our houses are fully staffed so you will receive all the support you need while on your placement from our overseas team, as well as our helpful Head Office staff.
- Help With Preparations – Our Head Office teams are here to help you plan your trip from the moment you first contact us until your return home from the program.
- Online Trip Planner – You gain access to your very own ‘My Gap Medics’ page which is an exclusive online tool only available to Gap Medics students.
- Gap Medics T-Shirt – You will, of course, receive one of our Gap Medics T-shirts. We ask you to wear this when you are traveling to your destination as it is great for spotting other Gap Medics students on the plane, and helps our staff identify you immediately upon arrival at your chosen destination.
Our dedicated teams are available to help you plan and prepare your trip. For more information you can contact our friendly office based in San Fransisco, USA on +1 415-361-4076 or send us an email and we will answer as soon as we can: firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to speaking to you soon!