CA undergraduate scholarship contest (ends 12.31.14)August 1, 2014
WIN A FULL SCHOLARSHIP
AND SHADOW HEALTH PROFESSIONALS IN AFRICA
Gap Medics is pleased to offer a two-week hospital shadowing internship in Tanzania to one lucky student from UC Berkeley, University of San Francisco, UC Davis, UC Los Angeles, University of Southern California, Santa Clara University or UC San Diego.
Are you an aspiring doctor, nurse, dentist, or PA? Are you looking to get your feet wet in the clinical environment, to build upon your previous experience, or to expand your knowledge of the global healthcare community? On a Gap Medics placement, undergraduate pre-health students travel to exciting destinations abroad, where they learn directly from trusted health professionals. Come navigate the wards and observe in the operating rooms—give your grad school application the boost it needs to make you stand out from the crowd!
Application submission instructions:
- Submit a 1,000 to 1,500-word essay on any subject related to pre-health education.
- Email your completed essay as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CA Scholarship Contest” in the subject line.
- All submissions must be received by 12/31/2014. Responses will be reviewed and the winner will be notified via email or phone by 01/07/2015.
- Two-week hospital shadowing program in Iringa, Tanzania
- Program can begin any Sunday, year-round
- Round-trip flights from your nearby airport
- 3x a week Global Health Tutorials
- Exclusive housing
- In-house catering
- Arrival airport transfer
- Local orientation
- In-country support
- Help with preparations
- Comprehensive online trip planner
*Terms and conditions
1. Open to all US residents between the ages of 18 and 24. Entries must be received by 11:59pm PST on 12/31/2014.
2. One scholarship will be awarded to an applicant from: University of California Berkeley, University of San Francisco, University of California Los Angeles, University of Southern California, Santa Clara University, University of California Davis, or the University of California San Diego.
3. All names, schools, and essay submissions may be published or used on Gap Medics’ websites/blogs/social media sites as we see fit.
4. Maximum round-trip flight reimbursement of $1,750.
5. Maximum placement credit of 2 weeks ($2,290 value).
6. Scholarship recipient can redeem the placement between January 2015 and January 2016.
7. Scholarship recipient cannot transfer the award to another person’s name.
8. Scholarship recipient will be responsible for minimal expenses totaling around $485. These include, but are not limited to: transportation to his or her local airport, Tanzanian visa, Tanzanian CTA permit, transportation to the airport on the day of departure, and insurance covering hospital shadowing. All prices are subject to change and, aside from round-trip flight and placement fee, Gap Medics will not cover any additional costs.