Special holiday discounts for premed events!December 3, 2015
The perfect Christmas gift for an aspiring healthcare professional? How about registration for two of the most exciting premed events of 2016: AMSA’s PremedFest in Tampa, Florida and the AMSA Convention & Exposition in Washington DC. Not only will these events help you to develop vital clinical and interpersonal skills, they’ll also provide a valuable opportunity to meet other premeds and professionals.
So, don’t settle for socks and underwear this year – tell Santa what you really want! And if you haven’t registered as an AMSA member yet, find out more here >>
30 January | Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, FL
AMSA PremedFest isn’t a conference. It’s an academic festival for premedical students just like you. The event is designed to support personal transformation among premedical and pre-health students by creating a learning experience that is insightful, inspirational and fun. It’s a safe space for honesty, openness and discovery – a celebration of the journey into caring professions.
The festival kicks off with Patch Adams, MD, on 30 January. Float between the four stages of programming and meet medical school admission officers, academic advisors, and health advocates.
- Stage of Mind: nurturing your intellect and curiosity.
- Stage of Body: honing your most important instrument – yourself.
- Stage of Spirit: looking beyond yourself, and seeing within.
- Stage of Community: challenging assumptions about who you are.
Tickets start at just $25, and we’re providing additional holiday cheer by offering a discount with the code ‘GAP16’. This code expires 10 January 2016, so book now!
AMSA Convention & Exposition
31 March – 3 April | Washington DC
The AMSA Convention & Exposition is all about you and your pathway to a career in medicine. The skills you’ll need to succeed as a medical student encompass a variety of disciplines; hands-on clinical know-how is just as important as soft skills, like showing compassion and engaging with colleagues. At the event, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Practice clinical skills: Practice suturing, airway management, manual vacuum aspiration, emergency medical response, clinical communication, and case-based simulations.
- Attend learning sessions: Participate in TED-style talks, small group discussion, panel discussions, and much more. With 40+ sessions, there are plenty of topics to choose from.
- Visit Exhibit Hall: Browse your one-stop shop for the tools and resources you value most as a physician-in-training. Connect with Industry experts and learn how to succeed as you prepare for and during medical school.
- Join Advocacy & Rally Day: Develop advocacy skills and meet with your representative on Capitol Hill. Receive on-site training and prepare to have your voice heard as a physician-in-training.
Regular member registration is $249, but with the code ‘GAP16’ you’ll get Gap Medics’ special discounted rate of $189. This code expires 31 January 2016 – so book now!
Don’t be disappointed this holiday season; ask for the gift that keeps on giving. These are events you don’t want to miss!